Type Keyword and Press Enter to Search
×
Image: Karim Rashid
A few weeks ago, I blogged about the Kor’s water bottles, which I had found online and loved the concept, ideology and design.

Imagine my surprise when I came across the iiamo GO baby bottle designed by none other than Karim Rashid, wunderkind of the design world. I will declare upfront that I am not fond of Mr Rashid (one of his “things” is that signature colour is pink which I think is a little pretentious, even for him). He is hyper-futuristic-modern and a think a little of his products go a long way. I once saw a show about his home which is almost totally his design/taste. It looked like a space capsule from the year 2130.

I may be mistaken but I think the design of the bottle is almost exactly like Kor’s though the function is very different. Apparently the iiamo GO bottle is self-heating and is designed to be able to warm the bottle’s contents without electricity using salt. Water and salt are contained in a cartridge (called an iiamo warm) and when the salt combines with the water, it's rehydrated and the energy created from the process warms the bottle up.

Even though the bottles work differently, you can’t deny the similarity of the design. I am very tempted to forward this to Kor. Hope they have a good IP department.
FACEBOOK TWITTER PINTEREST

No comments: